Spaghetti Squash Giardiniera With Parmesan Cheese
Nothing better than Crazy Uncle Mike whipping up something fabulous with whatever few ingredients we have on hand. Jar of Giardiniera, last of the wedge of parmesan, and a spaghetti squash that arrived from new favorite food resource, Imperfect Produce.
- I jar Grampa Florie’s Giardiniera
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbls butter
- 2 teaspoon or to taste your favorite salt
- 2 teaspoon or to taste black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- ½ cup white wine
- Olive oil
Boil whole squash 35 minutes, let cool, de-seed, scrap meat with fork. Drain giardiniera and save liquid.
In skillet, melt butter, add ½ giardiniera liquid, add giardiniera and saute for a few minutes. Add squash, white wine, spices and some of the herbs, cook through, 5 minutes.
Add olive oil as needed to keep moist and to taste. Plate and sprinkle on Parmesan and fresh herbs. Enjoy!!